Over the past year, we have made it our mission to expand and grow the SM brand throughout the UK and beyond, offering even more opportunities to talented individuals and clubs. And today we have a very exciting announcement!
Please welcome our new National Women’s Cricket Development Manager, Saba Nasim BEM, BCAv!
A solicitor by profession, Saba is also an ECB Level 2 Cricket Coach who is well distinguished and extremely dedicated to the sport. Here are some of her notable achievements:
• An MCC member and plays for the Club Cricket Conference.
• Runs the weekly Chance to Shine Street Project and has coached over 1000 girls.
• Manages and coaches the Fairbreak team which is made up of international women’s players from around the world who come together to promote gender equality in sport.
• Captains the Wanstead Women’s Team and the NACC (National Asian Cricket Council) team.
• Has received the British Empire Medal from the Queen in January 2017 for her services to cricket & young people in London, along with the British Citizen Award in January 2018 for volunteering. She was also recognised by the Prime Minister and given the Points of Light award in February 2016.
We are really looking forward to working with Saba over the coming weeks and months and hope you will join us in welcoming her!